The Lawrence Paper Company, a leading corrugated box manufacturer for over 125 years, is seeking a dynamic detail oriented, self-motivated, and experienced Building and Grounds Keeper in our growing Lawrence facility.
Applicants must be able to work alone, are self-motivated, safety and quality conscious, and have the ability to trouble-shoot. Applicants will work M – F, from 7:00AM to 3:30PM and on snow days, M – F, from 4:00 AM – 3:30 PM. There might be an occasional Saturday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Edging and fertilizing lawns
- Trim walkways, hedges, shrubs, and small trees
- Remove dead, damaged, or unwanted trees
- Water lawn and landscapes
- Clear snow from walkways and parking lot
- See to the proper upkeep of grounds
- Apply herbicides, fungicides or insecticides on plants or the soil to prevent or control weeds, insects, and diseases as needed
Applicants must have basic plumbing, mechanical and carpentry skills. Must have hands on experience with using tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches. Applicants will be expected to perform general tasks as needed and must be able to handle interruptions at any given time.
Starting pay is $20.23/hour.
Qualified applicants will be expected to pass a drug test and a pre-employment physical. Benefits include health, dental, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401 (K), holiday and vacation pay, weekly direct deposit payroll, safety shoe contribution, on-site fitness center and wellness clinic.
If this sounds like something for you, please apply here!